Your privacy is very important to us. We want to assure you that any personal information we hold will be kept safe and properly managed. We will never sell your personal information to third parties.
You acknowledge that by providing your personal data to us, you consent to its processing in the manners outlined below. When providing personal data about others, you confirm that you have the consent of these individuals to supply their personal data. We are unable to offer you any product or service unless you provide explicit consent for the collection and use of sensitive personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998.
What we collect
The data we collect may include:
- Basic details such as your name, address, and date of birth
- Additional information about your lifestyle, business and income
- In certain cases we may collect sensitive information such as disclosures about previous criminal convictions
- Information about other members of your household or family – for example, family members who may be involved in your business
- Your marketing and communication preferences.
When data is collected
We will collect your personal data when:
- You ask for a quote
- You purchase our products and services
- You register for information or other services
- You make a claim
- You respond to communications or surveys
- We require additional information from you for validation purposes
How your data is used
We will use your data for:
- Processing your quotes
- Administering your policy, including claims handling
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Credit scoring or other automated decision-making systems
- Verifying your identity when required
- Undertaking market research, product development and statistical purposes
- Keeping you informed about promotions and new developments by email, telephone or post
Information collected from third parties
We use information from public sources such as the electoral roll and the EU’s CAP, and from credit agencies and other third parties. This information may be used in various ways, such as to assess your application for a product, service or quote, to verify your identity, carry out anti-fraud checks, provide you with premium and payment options or to provide you with tailored offers.
We will always be transparent with you about how we use this information including providing further information in our fair processing notices and obtaining your consent where necessary.
Please note that if you choose to populate a registration form on a website with details that originate from a social media provider such as Facebook, we cannot control or verify the information supplied, nor accept liability for any information supplied which may be false, misleading, corrupted, tampered with or inaccurate.
How we share your information with third parties
If you purchase a product or service, your personal information may be shared with our associated companies, capacity providers, intermediaries, reinsurers for the purposes of administration (as detailed above).
We may, as a matter of law and without requiring notice or consent, share your personal information with regulatory, fraud prevention and law enforcement bodies.
Your information may be disclosed when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is:
- required by law,
- to protect the safety of our employees, the public or Tapoly property,
- required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process, or
- in the event of a merger, asset sale, or other related transaction.
We may disclose your information to third party suppliers or service providers to conduct our business, for example, to help us manage and store data, provide data analytics, etc. This may include any online partners we work with, so we, or our online partners on our behalf, can communicate with you through their platforms.
In addition, unless you opt out of receiving direct marketing, we may share your information with third parties who help us conduct market research and run our marketing campaigns.
The information collected by cookies does not personally identify you. It consists of general information about your computer and your connection to the internet. For example, operating system and platform, IP address, location, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on our website. The cookies we use cannot read or search your computer, smartphone or web-enabled device to obtain information about you or your family, or read any material kept on your hard drive.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us and we put in place appropriate technical, physical and organisational security measures to protect against any unauthorised access or damage to, or disclosure or loss of, your information.
You should also be aware that communications over the internet, such as e-mails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. This website may contain links to third party websites, which will be subject to their own privacy policies which may differ from this one. You should carefully read the privacy policies of these websites before submitting any personal information.
Data subject access request
You have the right to request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you in a Subject Access Request. To do this, simply write to us at the address below enclosing a cheque for £10.00 payable to Stable Group Ltd to cover our administrative costs in dealing with your request. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
We may amend this policy from time to time for example, to keep it up to date or to comply with legal requirements. Any changes to this policy will be posted here.
How to contact us
The Data Protection Team
Stable Group Ltd
3 Whitehall Court